I’m Not Online Does It Matter?
Yes, it matters…big time!
If your business is not online, you are unseen and your business is going straight to your competitor. You may be missing out on huge opportunities with new types of customers.
People today are going straight to Google for the products and services they need. No longer do they search through a phone book… that is fast becoming a thing of the past.
According to Webvisible & Nielsen, search engines are the #1 way people do business today. For example, if someone is looking for any goods/service in general, 75% will begin their search on Google.
- There is 11.5 Billion searches per month on Google
- 2 out of every 5 searches are for local business or information
- 91% of “local” searches follow up directly with a local business (by calling or making a purchase)
- 47% of Google’s 1st page “local traffic” lands on online directory site ( example: business’ Yelp page ) for more information and 53% lands on business’ private websites
Still not sure if you need to be online?
Top 10 reasons why your local business needs a good online presence:
- It Extends your store hours. Especially when you have an online store and you sell products or services online, it make your site a 24 showroom and someone can actually make a purchase from your website while you are sleeping art your home. This is an easiest and cheapest way to make your business available 24×7.
- Getting Customers Feedback. Taking your business online is a great way to get feedback from your customers. You can do online surveys or have people review your business online on directory sites as Yelp or Citysearch. Getting a website/blog for your business out there also has the capacity of sky-rocketing your business.
- It gives you much broader audience. You need to remember that www means World Wide Web ! The Web has a way bigger reach than the few miles radius that surrounds your physical store. Depending on your specific industry, this opens up a much wider retail sale base than any face to face deal ever could.
- Your Competitors are already there. Failing to maintain healthy online presence is hindering your potential to attract customers. When you are not online, your potential customers are simply finding your competitors. If you are not there the search engines are not finding you in search.
- Tracking and Measurability. Unlike in the older tradition media as yellow book or local newspaper, in online marketing you can see, monitor and measure everything. The last advantage of having a well designed website with great marketing is that you can not only achieve, but you can also measure how effective each click is.
- It’s Your “Online Business Card” that can be changed at any time. A website is easier, cheaper and quicker to update than print materials. Its’ capacities are almost limitless which allow you to provide users with more comprehensive information. This will save you money on printing and distribution costs as well.
- Gather Information and Generate Valuable Leads. Rather than going out and getting leads, let them come to you. This is a great tool for prospecting targeted customers looking to use your products and services. You can also save all the customers data and demographics info and use it for prospecting in the future.
- Improved Customers Service. Online forms on your website can be used to allow customers to request quotations or ask further information. This way you will save costs by allowing users to download invoices, proposals and important documents. Also the sales and information requests can be processed automatically and immediately.
- Show customers you understand technology. A well designed website brings your company up to speed with other big companies. It shows you’re not afraid to use technology to improve your level of customer service. If you keep your site fresh and current, your clients will be impressed and may choose you over your competitor as their next point of purchase.
- That’s where consumers shop today. With almost 12 billion online searched done per day, no one questions anymore if being online is a necessity but how do I build my online presence. As customers’ expectations to do business online increase, businesses that are not online are at increasing risk of not meeting their customers’ needs. So if you want your business to survive, you MUST be searchable online.
So whether you are already online or just getting started, remember that we’re experienced in all aspects and phases of online marketing. No customer is too small or too big for us. We will build from scratch or improve your current online presence and will guide you every step of the way through the work we do, till we’re both satisfied. Call us today for a free evaluation: 212-256-1127 of your existing online standing, it’s definitely worth the 15 minutes conversation.